Easy deployment with expert guidance
A reliable and versatile network needs to be self-healing, self-defending, self-optimizing, and self-aware. Our Campus LAN and Wireless LAN Design Guidance will allow you how to achieve such a network. Whether your organization is a small remote site or a high-density large enterprise, you’ll find a platform and a design to fit your needs.
Primary focus areas are:
- Global enterprise availability
- Unified Communications, financial, medical, and other critical systems are driving requirement for five nines (99999) availability and improved convergence times necessary for real-time interactive applications.
- Migration towards fewer centralized data repositories increases the need for network availability for all business processes.
- Network change windows are shrinking or being eliminated as businesses operations adjust to globalization and are operating 7x24x365.
- Collaboration and real-time communication application use is growing.
- The user experience is becoming a top priority for business communication systems.
- As Unified Communications deployments increase, uptime becomes even more critical.
- Continuing evolution of security threats.
- Security threats continue to grow in number and complexity.
- Distributed and dynamic application environments are bypassing traditional security chokepoints.
- The need to adapt to change without forklift upgrades.
- IT purchases face longer time-in-service and must be able to adapt to adjust to future as well as present business requirements.
- Time and resources to implement new business applications are decreasing.
- New network protocols and features are appearing every month.
- Expectations and requirements for anywhere; anytime access to the network are growing.
- The need for partner and guest access is increasing as business partnerships are evolving.
- Increased use of portable devices (laptops and PDAs) is driving the demand for full featured and secure mobility services.
- An increasing need to support multiple device types in diverse locations.
- Next generation applications are driving higher capacity requirements.
- Embedded rich media in documents.
- Interactive high definition video and streaming services.
- Networks are becoming more complex.
- Do it yourself integration can delay network deployment and increase overall costs.
- Business risk mitigation requires validated system designs.
- Adoption of advanced technologies (voice, segmentation, security, wireless) all introduce specific requirements and changes to the base switching design and capabilities